I was very excited to try Prolux’s Bagless Backpack Vacuum because I had never tried a backpack vacuum before and was very intrigued. I know a lot of cleaning professionals use commercial backpack vacuums because of the versatility but Prolux boasted this particle model as residential. So the box came in the mail and I immediately went to work!
Features of the Prolux 2.0 Bagless Backpack Vacuum
According to their website, Prolux lists these features:
- Lightweight and comfortable – Coming in at 9 pounds, the vacuum is very lightweight. Custom-designed padded straps make it comfortable to carry.
- New Patented Bagless Tech – While bagless technology has been around for a while, Prolux claims 2.0 technology with 40% more efficiency than previous bagless tech. “Vortex Chamber” & self-cleaning filter keeps fine dust away from the filter which prevents clogs.
- Filtration – 3-Stage Filtration technology so dirt stays in your vacuum and out of your home
- Canister – 0.64L Dust Receptacle Capacity.
- Power – Prolux lists 125+ CFM of power, which is quite high. For comparison, Dyson stick vacuums run 30 CFM.
- Optional Power Nozzle Kit – Optional Prolux electric power nozzle kit. This kit comes with a telescopic wand, electric hose, and power nozzle loaded with features. You have to buy this separately.
- 5 Year Warranty
Click the button below to be taken to the Prolux site:
Does it work?
To say I was a little disappointed was an understatement. There is a lot wrong design-wise with this particular vacuum. But first, the good stuff.
- It is lightweight so it does not put too much strain on your back
- The suction is good
- It comes with a lot of attachments to get different kinds of floors, upholsteries and nooks and crannies
- The power button is in the back and is hard to reach
- The hose attachment bangs into your head when you bend over
- The motor on the back blows hot air on your back
- The 30ft. cord plus the long hose makes for a tangled mess sometimes and can be a trip hazard
Alternative to the Prolux Backpack Vacuum
Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover has been making vacuums for over 100 years so it’s a safe bet they know how to do it right. This backpack vacuum is light weight and the hose is fixed so it doesn’t bonk you in the head. This vacuum has over 3,300 Amazon reviews with an average rate of 4.4. One reviewer said “Just buy it!” A favorite for your home or if you have a cleaning service.
Video Review of Prolux 2.0 Bagless Backpack Vacuum:
I may receive a small percentage of sales from the links above at no charge to you. This helps me create great content and keep it free.