PROs: Blueland Toilet Bowl Cleaning Tablets work very well and are easy to use. No hard scrubbing involved. They are eco-friendly and contain no harsh chemicals. They are safe for septic tank use. And they smell wonderful!
CONs: They are a little more pricey than your store-bought toilet bowl cleaners.
Blueland has revolutionized the market for zero-waste and eco-friendly products. They specialize in creating cleaning tablets that dissolve and are shipped in recyclable packaging. Their line of “forever bottles” means you can reuse the bottles over again while only buying the tablets to dissolve in them. This saves on money, shipping, your family and the planet.
How to use Blueland’s Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets
- Open the package and take out a toilet cleaner tablet
- Drop in the toilet
- Let fizz until fully dissolved (about 5 minutes)
- Scrub the toilet as usual with a toilet brush
What are the ingredients in Blueland’s Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets
Blueland is very transparent about its ingredients in its cleaning products, which I love. Here is the list of ingredients for the toilet cleaner tablets with an explanation of use. All ingredients are listed as “Naturally Derived.”
Toilet Bowl Cleaner Ingredients:
- Sodium Bicarbonate – Mineral-based cleaner that breaks down dirt, grime, and stains, commonly known as baking soda
- Citric Acid – Citrus fruit-derived cleaner that cuts through grease and grime
- Maltodextrin – Starch-derived ingredient that ensures the tablet holds together before use and that it will dissolve easily in water
- Water/Aqua – Local water used during manufacturing to help mix the ingredients (is evaporated out of the final tablet)
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate – Natural cleaner that breaks down stains and grime
- Brassica Napus (Canola) Seed Oil – Vegetable oil used to help the tablets form into shape during manufacturing
- Limonene – 100% natural essential oil extracted from orange peels to break down stains and grime
- Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil – 100% natural essential oil extracted from Indian Lemongrass plants to fragrance the tablets
- Sodium Benzoate – Food grade preservative to help maintain shelf life
How much do they cost?
At Blueland, you can make a one-time purchase or sign up for a subscription service which saves you 10%
Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets, one-time buy ($1.29 a tablet)
Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets, Subscription ($1.14 a tablet)
You can choose a delivery schedule including every 3, 4, 5, or 6 months
Do Blueland’s Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets really work?
Yes, they work just as good if not better than other toilet bowl cleaners I have tried. The fizzy toilet tablets eat away stains and stuck-on particles with ease. I was impressed by how well it cleaned under the lip of the bowl, where hard water stains and grimy buildup can accumulate. I only had to take a few swipes of my toilet brush to get the whole thing clean. You can smell the lemon scent immediately upon opening the package and dissolving the tablet, which makes for a nice fresh scent in your bathroom.
Blueland’s Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets Video Review:
Are they safe for septic tanks?
Yes, I reached out to the company because I couldn’t find anything on the internet about this. This is what they said:
“All septic systems are different, but we don’t use solvents, chlorine bleach, or other harsh chemicals, all of which may cause septic system issues.”-The Blueland Team
So all in all I was very happy with Blueland’s Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets. They are non-toxic and work well on even the dirtiest of toilets. This is another quality product in Blueland’s ever-growing line of eco-friendly, zero-waste and non-toxic cleaners on the market. You can also read my review here for other Blueland products. And for more bathroom cleaning tips and tricks, see this great article from Southern Living.